Under the heading at the top of the landing page, you’ll find a link to Online Publishing II with further links to the syllabus, a blog and videos. I’ll be building this out more as we go along.
All policies and provisions of the syllabus remain in effect.
Communication, cooperation, adaptability and good humor are keys to success for us.
1. Starting now, most all of my communication to the class will happen on Blog OP II - mid-course corrections, new research and writing assignments, reading assignments, scheduling announcements, general directions etc.
If you have “housekeeping” questions whose answers will benefit the whole class, my blog is the place to ask those questions and have them answered.
Keep a sharp eye on this blog.
We can also use email as necessary for individual communication on issues not necessarily relevant to the class as a whole.
2. The classes will be both asynchronous and synchronous. In other words, some lectures will be posted on video or narrated PowerPoint for you to watch anytime. In addition, we will meet online at least once a week at 2:40 p.m. on Tuesday and/or Thursday through an online meeting platform (Zoom, Skype, Google Hangout etc.,)
I’ll also let you know through the blog when and how those meetings will take place. We’ve all set aside that time already so there shouldn’t be any problem with scheduling those meetings.
3. We will likely have more supplemental readings - some optional, some required - than previously planned. I’ll put those links on my blog and on a Readings page when the time comes.
4. I also ask that each of you set up an individual blog on your Weebly sites exclusively for this class and send me the url for it. I’ll post those urls on wordriff.com under Online Publishing II so we can all read and respond to each other’s blogs. I’ll ask you to respond to readings there.
5. Given the advice to keep contacts to a minimum, I'm not yet certain yet how we'll handle your remaining story assignment. The faculty has discussed several ways to do this in various classes, but we've not yet settled on a way for you to do interviews, shoot video and shoot photos. I'll let you know on Blog OP II.
The online course from now on will require a good bit of trial and error. But I hope we can communicate effectively enough that there won’t be any surprises as we go along.